Sometimes I worry that lurking the internet for crafts and following so many blogs (I am an addict; you have no idea!), that I lose my imagination and creativity along the way. I see items on the internet that I want to make! Then, I feel guilty for wanting to copy someones idea; when I could just by whatever they have crafted on Etsy. I want to support crafters! But, when the time comes, & I am lurking the aisles of Micheal’s, I just don’t… feel inspired. I’m thinking of other peoples amazing ideas.
Currently, I am decently “fluent” in:
– Sewing (Hand, Machine and Embroidery)
– Soap Making (Both Melt & Pour and Cold Process)
– Pottery (I am familiar with throwing clay & a wheel)
– Candle Making
– Pretty much all types of paper crafts (Origami, Decoupage, etc…)
– Resin inlays
– Wet Felting
– Stamp Carving
– Book Binding (v. novice! I can do little note pads and such, not amazing stuff like this)
I would eventually like to:
– Build my own potter’s wheel, and kiln <3
– Glass Fusing/Blowing
– Circut Bending
– Sterling Silver, everything. (Molds, Freeform…etc. )
– Precious Metal Clay
– Dry Felting
In Google Docs, I keep a crazy inspiration & links documents. Here is some stuff that I’ve been eyeing & inspiring me lately. All picture link to source!!
This week since Gregg’s been away on business, I have been cutting, braiding & sewing tee-shirts to make a braided rug for our place. I’m not sure where it will end up, but I’m thinking it would look cute on the patio! :) I have claimed the patio mine indirectly… with all the herbs/veggies/etc I am growing.
This is the idea of the rug I am making, just I chose to make it oval verse a circle. & mine has no colors, just black, white & grey.
What crafty bits have you been up to? Anything inspiring you lately? Any projects planned for this summer? Share!