Phoenix – Lisztomania
I want to make a post with a ton of random lists. This song popped into my head. I like it, I put it on a ton of burned CD’s for the car. ( “Lisztomania”, is a term to describe the massive public response to Franz Liszt’s piano performances. Liszt’s playing was reported to raise the mood of the audience to a level of mystical ecstasy. Admirers of Liszt would swarm over him, fighting over his handkerchiefs and gloves. Women would try to get locks of his hair, and whenever he broke a piano string, admirers would try to obtain it in order to make a bracelet. )
Sounds pretty crazy. Or, how any teenage girl gets about pop boys.
But, Lisztomania=Listomania ???
Things I could never put a price on:
- Kids being psyched to give high-fives.
- My families dachshund, Oliver, who lives with my mom.
- The feeling of waking up early on Saturday, & thinking it’s a weekday, realizing, and going back to sleep. :)
- Having my 87 year old Grandmother beat me in Rummy; repeat times in one sitting.
- My dad still calling me pet names, when I talk to/see him.
Things that always put me in an awesome mood:
- New shampoo & conditioner.
- Forehead kisses; given or received.
- Running around with a wand. Bonus awesome mood points if it jingles.
- Finding tops/bottoms at a thrift store that fit perfectly.
- Helping someone out & seeing them happier for it.
Stuff I’d put in my house if money was not an option:
- “Primo Quarto” bookshelves by Saba Italia
- The entire collection from resourcefurniture.com
- Monochromatic rooms. One color, each room. Obsessed over the apartment linked in the picture above!
- Mixture of polished concrete floors (Please! Click that link!) and wood flooring.
- The biggest, softest, enrapturing, 3 feet high of white linens bed. I want 15 pillows. I want to jump and disappear because I’ve sank into a huge cloud-like bed pile.
Things everyone loves, & I just don’t get it:
- Owls. I don’t get it.
- Men with vain-popping muscles; I hear women swooning over how “ripped” men are, blah. I like strength, but really? I don’t want to cuddle w/ a rock.
- Tans… -wrinkles, sagging skin, & sun spots… why?
- The whole thing that is too long to be a shirt, too short to be a dress things that you wear with leggings.
- 5 Guys Burgers & Fries, greasy, gross. Go to Burger Monger!