♥ Smashing Pumpkins’ released a new song- “Owata”!!! You can listen to it on the right side on my page. Also, the current band finally has secured rights to all the Pumpkins’ unreleased material, so we can expect remastered reissues of Gish, Siamese Dream &Pisces Iscariot by Christmas(!!!), complete with extra tracks. 2012 will bring Mellon Collie & the Infinite Sadness, The Aeroplane Flies High & Adore, while 2013 will see Machina I & Machina II reissued with the songs in the correct running order.
♥ Suzie the Foodie made Chocolate Biscuit Cake which was Prince William’s grooms cake. It looks SO good. (This is just not my diet talking) Cookies + TONS OF CHOCOLATE + heavy cream= YUM!! Suzie’s blog is all around amazing, for sure worth subscribing & bookmarking.
♥ A really cute shelf made from a wooden magazine holder from IKEA. I wish I could find a place for this at my home, OR I didn’t have plaster walls that I’m terrified about drilling/nailing in. Crack! ($5 shelf!)
♥ Another cool project from Apartment Therapy DIY Small Space Pallet Garden. I’d also like this at my house, just where to put it?
♥ My boyfriend, Gregg, has a different spin on keeping up with his HCG diet. He made a food log blog.
During the bombing raids of WWII, thousands of children were orphaned and left to starve. The fortunate ones were rescued and placed in refugee camps where they received food and good care. But many of these children who had lost so much could not sleep at night. They feared waking up to find themselves once again homeless and without food. Nothing seemed to reassure them. Finally, someone hit upon the idea of giving each child a piece of bread to hold at bedtime. Holding their bread, these children could finally sleep in peace. All through the night the bread reminded them, “Today I ate and I will eat again tomorrow.”
- LOST starts tomorrow night (!!!YES!!!) and I have decided to skip my favorite yoga instructor to watch the premier. I think next week till May, I am going to DVR it while I’m yogaing/gyming, and ignore everything till I get home to watch it. I cannot stand spoilers. Who wants to swap theories with me?
- I’m volunteering Saturday morning/afternoon with Habitat for Humanity. :D
- Sunday morning I’m going to a walk-though for volunteering at Social Fresh which is Monday! I’m very excited. I met someone else going, named Jessica through twitter, and we’ll be able to meet up. Yay for new friends.
- I won tickets to the Florida State Fair from Visit Tampa Bay, and it doesn’t seem like I’ll be able to use them till the 14th. (Valentines Day) I don’t know if that will really work out, but the fair ends the 15th! It’s really hard to work out weekend events since I work 12-4pm every Saturday. It really breaks the weekend. I need to talk to my bosses about nullifying that.
- Last weekend I went with one of my best friends, Joe, to a gig he has in St. Pete. He was playing dub-step. It just reminded me that I need to get back into the scene. Here is some dub-step for your listening pleasure. How can you not move? My hips won’t stop!
- Hear ye hear ye! The 2010 Bay Area Renaissance Festival starts on the 13th, expect to see some pictures from that. It’s one of my favorite things. & also proves my nerddom.
I know the season is pretty much over, especially for us Floridians, but this scarf, named the Julian Scarf is so functional with it’s incorporated pockets. The website tells a story about two girls who went out dancing and whacked people with their big purses, so they invented this.